So, the holidays are finally gone. Sure, there were some great things during that stretch. Hopefully you had a wonderful season, whatever you celebrate. However, it is now time to start making 2017 special. As many of you know, I have rebooted the DEAD series. The next volume, DEAD: Alone (Book 2 of the New DEAD series) will be released on March 1st.
I am not unhappy with how book one was received. I hope to build my audience based on that first book. I think this series will do some things a bit different from my norm. Things like the zombie children and immunity will be more a part of this story. I already have a very cool giveaway
A DEATH WISH SURVIVAL KIT! (Valued at $50!)
Included in this one of a kind kit:
- Limited edition designed tin enclosure
- 8 oz. bag of Death Wish Coffee, ground specifically for camping brewer
- Set (2-piece) of custom, limited edition 8oz enamel mugs
- 2 boxes of custom Death Wish matches
- Easy-to-brew camping brew filter
How cool is that? I know…pretty cool. But that means this is going to need to be a pretty special contest. It can’t just be some run-of-the-mill promotion. It needs to generate a buzz (see what I did there?), because, after all, the reason I am doing this is to get more people to read my New DEAD series. So I am going to ask you a question. I am going to invite you to help me choose the contest. Here are some of the choices:
- Post and on my Author TW Brown Facebook page or @authortwbrown on the Twitterverse with YOU holding either a physical copy or your ereader/tablet displaying the cover of the ebook or audio book version and a one word description of the New DEAD series.
- Write a review (no spoilers) and then share the Amazon link on my page.
Can you see my dilemma? I want this to be tied to my product. I will say it very honestly, this is a promotion to sell copies of my book. There really isn’t another way to put it, and you would see past any nonsense. I will say that whatever the contest, I am going to need to set at least some sort of minimum for participation. It would not be very financially smart to give away something like this when only two or three people enter. So, help me brainstorm…what sort of contest would YOU enter for a prize like this. (And don’t say “One that I would win!” that is sorta like saying “Are you the hostess with the mostess?” when you are in a restaurant like they’ve never heard that one before.)
And come back Friday for the ONLY sneak peek of DEAD: Alone (Book 2 of the New DEAD series) that I will be posting.